Sunday, September 2, 2007

Mission Statement

I've been reading about the power of thinking to influence your life and pretty well all of the approaches agree that some sort of mission statement or visualization of the goal is critical to achieving what we want, whether it is a functioning healthy business or a fitter, healthier body. So, with the best positive language I can muster here is my mission statement:

I am making food the healthiest part of my life by focusing each day on the Weight Watcher points system and by looking forward to some of the healthiest, freshest food I can buy.

I am incorporating exercise into my life through walking, dancing and swimming and I am committed to 30 minutes (total) a day, 5 times a week.

Throughout this journey I
• strive to tell the truth to myself
• find ways to be more caring for myself
• acknowledge moments of contentment and live in them for a while
• focus on the reasons I begin to fail and gently help myself overcome them
• seek out the leadership and support I need
• stay constant, on course
• maintain and care for my relationships with my friends
• seek completeness and understanding


I'm going to print this out and post it in the bathroom and on my fridge. I will read it every day and visualize myself at my goal weight. It feels better already.

No comments: