Thursday, December 27, 2007

Weeks 15 & 16 Results and Lessons Learned...

Week 15 Down .4 lbs (29 lbs total)
Week 16 Up 3.8 (25.2 lbs total)

What can I say? WW took my keychain back. Just kidding.

I didn't track my points this week because I knew that the scales would not be my friend. Just for fun I tracked my company's Christmas dinner and drinks at Brentwood Bay Lodge & Spa last Friday. I was still drunk when I did it so I can't vouch for completeness but it topped out at 156 points for the day. I can hear you laughing from here. And the alcohol only accounted for 12 of those points (Champagne is surprisingly point-friendly)!

Anyway, I survived the week guilt-free which is what mattered most. I didn't go into Christmas week swearing to keep to my daily points and then inevitably failing - that would have created the "I've failed, again" mentality and I might have given up for good. Instead I said "Lesley, you have permission to gain weight this week and eat anything you want until next Thursday, Oh and don't bother with the tracker. Have fun!"

This morning I woke up to a whole new WW week and started tracking. I have 9.5 points left for dinner and I know exactly what I'm having so all is good.

Happy New Year!

No comments: