Saturday, August 16, 2008

Week 5

Up 1.4 lbs (7.8 total)

You're right - I tried the pizza. It was nice but it didn't drop me in my tracks, which is a good thing. However, the gain wasn't solely attributable to the pizza. I also spent the week indulging.

Saturday I had Ocean Blues (1 part Vodka, 1 part Blue Curacao, 2 parts Margarita mix, slushy ice, very pretty and oh so tasty) and appies at a get together with the girls from my recent MCBA course; the more I drank the more I ate. Monday I went to a fabulous restaurant (Stage) with my friend Debbie where we split every dish and had some terrific wines followed by an enjoyable evening of theatre at the Belfry. Tuesday night I tried the pizza and on Wednesday I went with a girlfriend from work to the new Bard & Banker pub where we had a delicious cheese plate and a chilled prawn salad. Thursday the scale showed me just how much all of that cost.

It was all worth it though, and I know that not every week of my life is going to be like that. It seems I am being less critical of myself this time through WW. This week's indulgences were tempered with sensible eating and I tracked it all, knowingly putting myself into point-deficit. At the meeting, standing in line waiting to weigh in, I will admit to hoping that the scale still showed a loss but I laughed at myself for thinking it and I didn't crumble inside when the realistic gain appeared. I didn't have that sense of failure that comes from not meeting unreasonable expectations.

No comments: