Saturday, October 31, 2009

Week 43

Up .6 (56.2 lbs total)

If I didn't love my Saturday morning meeting group so much I would be switching to the Thursday evening WW meeting just so I could go out Friday night for dinner. Because I do. . . often. Last night I had two Manhattans at Solomon's - a bar where food is an afterthought - and nibbled on some fries with dip. I knew the alcohol would cause me to retain water but, c'mon, it's Friday and a friend and I needed to meet, drink and debrief after work. I came home and drank a gallon of water hoping to flush the system before morning but no go: puffy little fingers and extra eye-bags were my reward. Still, this is a lifestyle not a diet, right?

Oh, and my final blood tests are going to be conducted next week in order to make my resignation from Type 2 diabetes official.

No comments: