Thursday, December 31, 2009

Week 50 & 51

Week 51 (Dec 26th - no meeting)
Week 50 (Dec 19) up 3.4 (55.4 total)

I am anticipating weighing in on the 2nd, my official one year mark, and seeing another large gain on the scale. I'm afraid I took complete advantage of the licence I gave myself and I've indulged in treats at every opportunity. I am actually looking forward to some austerity and the re-commitment to tracking and food prep that goes with the goal of losing. My main obstacle is 'comfort'. First, I feel comfortable in my new clothes: I can now buy some items in the regular size section so the pressure to lose in order to fit into stylish clothes is considerably less. This means the little voice that says it doesn't matter that you won't lose this week has more power over me. Second, I don't like to feel uncomfortable for very long and sticking to the ever-shrinking daily point total is a challenge. You have to work harder to eat less and still feel full. Working hard makes me uncomfortable so the temptation to abandon WW is strong. But I won't.

No comments: