Friday, September 21, 2007

Week 2 results and lesson learned...

Down 3.4lbs (7.2lbs total)

Dining out does not feel natural yet - I still feel like I'm practicing "good" eating and on some distant glorious day I will get to order the Burger with cheese, bacon, mayo, fries and ketchup again. I think this is one of the more powerful illusions about food consumption. It is what rocks the boat and tips us over the side - the sense of denial that comes up from the depths of our being.

I am not proficient yet in seeing that a salad with a grilled chicken fillet or skewer of prawns is not a hardship. It tastes fabulous, my body likes it, there is no guilt attached, and yet...

Comfort food season is here. My primitive brain wants to pack on the fat for winter; to avoid starvation in those cold Northern European winters of my genetic past. I would have made a good cave dweller.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.