Thursday, October 11, 2007

Week 5 results and lessons learned...

Down 3.2lbs (14lbs Total)

Those endless diet books, and shows and articles in magazines, that told you that moderation not denial was the key to success used to piss me off. How, I would say to myself, could one be moderate around those trigger foods that were always waiting in the wings like the boyfriend who always thought you'd come back to him? Pizza is not satisfying in one slice increments - you must eat the first slice smoking hot, and then eat all the others before the cheese sets. Everyone knows this.

However, I did manage to eat Thanksgiving dinner this weekend at Debbie's mum's house (thanks Audrey!) and have a glass of wine, turkey with gravy, stuffing, mashed potato, cranberry sauce, sweet potato, carrots, peas, pumpkin pie with whipped cream, and a slice of Ashley's chocolate birthday cake (Happy 21st!). It was delicious and it only added up to 20 points. How you ask? Moderation of course (you saw that coming).

My pie was about 1/3 the regular size, the cake slice was 3/4 inch wide. My dinner plate had one half devoted to peas, carrots and sweet potato, with another quarter containing the stuffing, mashed potato and cranberry. The last quarter held the turkey with about 2Tbsp of gravy over it. I had seconds of the peas and carrots.

And the scales prove it.

No comments: