Friday, October 5, 2007

Do you take your supplements?

Did you see the Oprah episode where Dr. Oz showed a mound of fat, about 6 pounds, and said this is what you would lose in a year just by taking a minimum of 1000mg of Calcium with 600mg of Magnesium in a day? I did, and ran right out and bought a big bottle. Then it got complicated.

Dr. Roizen, in another show, said you had to take half in the morning and half in the evening because our bodies could only use about 600mg at a time. Now I have to remember to take pills twice a day, 7 days a week. This is hard.

I've tried the visual cues - bottles in front of the coffee machine, on my keyboard, etc. But I have an amazing ability to not see what doesn't interest me. I've left notes on my bathroom mirror - I look right through them.

So, any tips on how to get me to take my fat-busting calcium? I'm all ears.

No comments: