Thursday, November 1, 2007

Week 8 results and lessons learned...

Down .4lbs (19.8 lbs total)

Our leader at tonight's meeting made me get off the scale and go pee - she really wanted me to have that next gold star! I did pee, and I took my dangly earrings off too, but no go.

This is actually a good thing as I should not be rewarded this week. Last weekend I ordered a small Panago classic on multi-grain with Pineapple and a chipotle dip and ate the whole thing. I also went our for dinner at Dunsmuir Lodge with Debbie and had duck confit (you do not want to know the points in that), then a squash souffle, followed by a fabulous steak with red wine demi glace, potatoes mashed with their skins after they'd been roasted (divine) and a little chocolate taster to wrap it up.

Did I mention that I love food? I loved the pizza even more than the dinner, and the dinner was great. I did, however, faithfully record my points and I went into the weigh-in with a negative 46.5 weekly point balance. I think the only thing that saved me was the hip-hop class I took Tuesday night and the fact that I got back on track once I went back to work on Monday. Oh, except for the nibbles of all the Halloween treats that made their way into the office. Did you know that those Lindt truffle balls - the ones that are about the size of a big bubble-gum - add up to 5 points for two? I didn't until after I ate them, which meant that I got to eat 2 pieces of fruit for my dinner that night. Now that was a real "lessons learned" moment.

So, to re-cap the last few weeks I have learned
  • that my body really wants to lose weight and I just have to get out of its way
  • that no matter how much I think I have outsmarted the 6 week backsliding event it sneaks up on me
  • that tracking points is the secret weapon in this battle


Til next week.

No comments: