Thursday, January 10, 2008

Week 18 Results and Lessons Learned...

Down 4.2 lbs (31.8 lbs Total)

Getting back to a routine has its benefits, and while I recognize that this is mostly water weight from the type of food I ate over the holidays, it still feels good. Another gold star for crossing the 30 lb mark and I'm a quarter of the way to my ultimate goal (which is still fairly fluid in my mind - no pun intended).

The biggest lesson for me this week was that the boring but balanced daily meals at work are good for my mind as well as my waist. There are no agonizing decisions over what to order from the menu and therefore no mental lingering over the temptations. Though this week the cook at the cafe offered to spice up my mornings by making me a 3 egg-white veggie omelette instead of my usual poached egg on dry toast with a side of fruit salad. He also offered to put aside some of the tuna before mixing in the mayo so I could have a toasted tuna sandwich for lunch (one of my favourites). I think I'll have to get him something nice for a thank you gift because, while any man who cooks should be rewarded, one who thinks up things for you to eat should be crowned.

1 comment:

beeflady said...

Lesley, your writing is great, I hope you are keeping a journal - there might be a book in this. You have completely inspired me, I am going to put my runners on right now and get out and clear my head...and then I am going to clear my calendar today so that I can get to a WW meeting and sign up today. One of my excuses is all the biz travel I do, well, if you can do weekends at Dunsmuir Lodge and still lose 30 plus pounds I can do a little restaurant eating. thanks for the push I needed, here's to 50! Love, S.