Saturday, February 23, 2008

Weeks 23 and 24 Results and Lessons Learned...

Up 2lbs (28 lbs total)

I missed my first WW meeting. I worked late that night (week 23) but I should have got my butt out of bed on Saturday morning and weighed in then. However, I did go back on week 24 and discovered that my worst fears weren't going to be realized - I had only gained 2 lbs over the 2 weeks. I had been indulgently soothing my stress and worries with the usual foods: pizza, natchos, fries and burgers and I hadn't tracked a thing. I thought I'd gained about 5 lbs.

The good thing from this was that it reinforced my belief that going to the meetings is one of the most important things you can do on this journey. People had noticed my absence and were quick to welcome me back, to offer me consoling stories of their lapses and give me words of encouragement and advice. And it all helped. I left the meeting with a renewed sense of purpose and a goal of tracking my points between now and next meeting - one day at a time, keep the eyes down and on the small goal of losing a pound at the next weigh-in. It's easy to get discouraged when you look at the still-distant goal (the one that lies beyond 50 x 50 but isn't so alliterative!) It feels like it will never happen and it diminishes the success you should feel at losing almost 30 lbs.

So, thank you to all those people who took the time to think of me and offer me their thoughts and best wishes, those words really made an impression on me and gave me the lift to get over this hurdle. And a special thank you to you, beeflady!

No comments: