Thursday, July 24, 2008

Week 2

Down 4.2 lbs (4.2 total)

My first full week back on the Flex plan and it was a lot easier than I thought it would be. In the past I have always experienced resistance when I returned to a program; my mind would rebel at the lack of novelty, I could hear the voice saying "this didn't work before, it won't work now" - a self-fulfilling prophecy if ever there was one.

This week I coped at a company picnic with the usual cast of chips, potato salad, hot dogs, and pecan pie. I budgeted some of my daily points and dipped into my weekly stash to get through it - and I stayed away from the alcohol. I learned last time through WW, that if I drank, I ate. And the more I drank the more I ate. Funny that. I also went to two movies and had small popcorns, no topping, and diet coke. I ate out at a pub one night and had breakfast and lunch at the cafe every working day. In fact, I didn't cook once all week except to microwave a frozen dinner. Welcome to single life.

I feel calm, like I am back on a path after floundering around in the deep salal for a while. One week has made a difference in the swelling of my ankles, the depth of my sleep, the flexibility in my torso, the drum-tight skin around my knees. I am sane again and the journey can continue.

No comments: