Sunday, January 4, 2009

Initial Weigh-in (Attempt 3)

Up 6.8 from the last leaving weight, but down from the weight of my first attempt.

Here we go again.

I gained over 2 pounds a month since I was last at WW. All of it from pizza I'm sure, well, and the chocolate and alcohol of the holiday season. Some things have changed though, I have retained some of the habits from my earlier time on the plan: healthy breakfasts of fruit, poached egg and dry toast at work; smaller pasta portions when I cook; light cream in my coffee. These things are probably why I didn't bounce upward to a higher starting weight this time.

The carb cravings are still pretty intense though. I'm going to try adding chromium picolinate which has apparently had some effect in reducing carbohydrate cravings in people and is also a support chemical in blood sugar maintenance. I'm also taking Wellbutrin/Zyban for Seasonal Affective symptoms. It has been terrific for me - the general background depression and anxiety of this time of year has been much reduced. I will go off it in the Spring when the mornings are light again. I tried light therapy by the way and found that my sleep was disturbed and I had anxiety attacks.

So, stay tuned. And wish me well.

No comments: