Saturday, July 4, 2009

Week 26

Down .8 (42.4 lbs total)

The black patent Clarks' Navan sandals went on sale so I bought them - I'm currently wearing them around the house in short spurts so my body gets used to wearing high heels again. The picture is quite hilarious because my other attire is baggy-ass sweatpants and a decade old fleece hoodie; no glamour awards will be won. The sandals are only 3" high, so not too bad, but they do re-distribute the weight which causes my back to do strange things. I used to live in high heels: work all day in them go dancing all evening and then do it again the next day; running for the bus in them was routine. Of course, this is partly why I have back and foot problems but I don't care. I have been a shoe fetishist without satisfaction for far too long - I need to wear heels because when I have them on the 'outside' me matches more closely to the idea of myself that I carry around, the 'inside' me.

Think about it: you just won a lot of money, you're travelling and shopping, you're strolling along, you sit at a bistro table and cross your legs, you look down. What is wrapping itself around your foot? Birkenstocks? I think not.

No comments: