Saturday, August 29, 2009

Week 34

Down 4.8 (47 lbs total)

The substitute leader let out a gasp, I had to enlighten her by telling her that this meant I had actually lost .4 of a pound, net, over the last 4 weeks and that she should save her gasps of pleasure for someone who had done more than maintain. Still, I was happy that last week's excesses had been reversed and that I had got back to tracking and considering what I ate. I had even gone for dinner the night before this weigh-in (usually a fatal mistake) but had showed remarkable restraint by tasting everything - including the Bourbon flavoured truffles - and then laying my fork down while there was still food on the table. This is one of the hardest lessons to learn, that I do not have to polish the plates with my tongue and I will not be sent to my room if I don't finish everything in front of me. Of course my marathon running friend ate everything I didn't, so it wasn't like I had to watch food go back to the kitchen.

Onward, ever onward.

No comments: