Thursday, September 17, 2009

Week 37

Down 1.8 (52.6 lbs total)

I am pretty happy with this as it's a short week.

I found some new food to eat this week: wraps. I love sandwiches but the bread 'cost' is too high - even something like Squirelly is 3.5 points for two slices. When you add egg salad or tuna to that it can mean anywhere from 8 to 12 points. Now this used to be OK when I had 6 more points a day to spend but it is getting too hard to swing now. And who can eat just half a sandwich? Not me. So I found some high-fibre, sprouted grain tortillas for two points and some WW whole wheat tortillas for 1 point and I'm stuffing them with:
  • white bean spread, cucumber, lettuce, grated carrot and kalamata olives (5 or 4 points)

  • 1/2 can tuna mixed with dill pickle relish and non-fat sour cream, cucucmber and lettuce (4 or 3 points)

  • 100 gms of Shrimp salad made with 2 Tbsp low-fat mayo and Tarragon, cucumber, lettuce (6 or 5 points)

  • 50 gms of lean deli ham, 2 Tbsp Boursin light cream cheese, tomato, lettuce (5 or 4 points)


I follow this with one of the last of the summer nectarines and I'm content.

No comments: