Sunday, October 18, 2009

Week 41

Up .6 (54.2 lbs total)

This is actually a victory: up half a pound after Thanksgiving dinner with seconds, lots of wine and three different kinds of pie - plus two dinners out during the week - and coming on the heels of a big drop the week before, is pretty damn good. I've also been checking my blood sugar this week and I think I am going to have to come off my medication as my morning glucose readings are quite low. If this is the case then it's the best news since this journey began.

The other good news is the development of my new wardrobe. One of the women at the Saturday WW meeting asked me if I liked Eileen Fisher (ummm, let me think) and brought me this beautiful periwinkle blue boiled wool jacket. It fit perfectly so the next week she brought me two (a charcoal and a donkey-brown) Jones NY cashmere sweaters, 2 crispy white Anne Klein shirts, and a beautiful silky black turtleneck (she lived in the US and had access to great plus-size clothes). I bought a pair of graphite gray Calvin Klein pants, a pair of peat coloured linen winter-weight pants and my first skirt in 20+ years. I also bought a new pair of high-heeled ankle booties in rich brown suede (could only find the picture of them in black). If I ever get another job I'm ready!

No comments: