Thursday, October 4, 2007

Week 4 results and lessons learned...

Down 1.2lbs (10.8lbs total)

This week had a food and wine event smack in the middle of it. The Cowichan Valley Wine Festival had events going all weekend to celebrate the wineries (and Cidery) located around Mill Bay and Duncan. Some of us from work went up for a day of shuttle-busing and tasting and I knew that it would be a challenge. However, I didn't deny myself - I had a fabulous tasting lunch at the Cherry Point Bistro (thanks Rob), sipped all the wines (no spitting), and even dipped some fruit in a molten fountain of dark Belgian chocolate.

So, I learned that I can enjoy food and wine and still have weekly points left over (12), drop the aimed-for 1 to 2 pounds and get my gold star (finally).

I won't deny the feeling of failure at only losing 1.2 pounds but I'm working on that; I'm working at celebrating the healthy choices and the sense of accomplishing that elusive goal of moderation.

No comments: