Saturday, February 2, 2008

Weeks 20 and 21 Results and Lessons Learned...

Up 4.8 then down 1.6 (30.2 lbs total)

I have to say that I didn't write last week because I was disheartened - almost 5 pounds up in one week: my ankles were swollen, my eyes were puffy, my rings were tight. But I know it wasn't all water weight, I'd eaten the better part of a bag of Old Dutch Rip-L chips and dip at a Mary Kay party the night before. In fact I'd spent the week eating as though points were a thing of the past. Book club, Dunsmuir Lodge, dinner out for a friend's birthday - endless opportunities to fail and I succeeded at every one.

I seem to have lost the sensibility to eat with sense.

I need some new motivational tactics to get me off this self-induced plateau because right now the visualisation techniques, positive goal setting, mantras and promise of new clothes, are not cutting it. I hear my mind go "yeah, yeah, what's for dinner?" whenever I try to tell it to think of some abstract future goal. The 10% WW goal has been achieved but nothing has taken its place and the end goal of 50 by 50 feels too far away. The only good thing is that my unwavering commitment to attend the meetings has been that - unwavering.

Any help will be appreciated.

No comments: