Saturday, February 21, 2009

Week 7

Down 2.2 (16.6 lbs total)

I can feel a challenge coming on. I have a tendency to keep adding "good for me" activities or behaviours until I collapse under the weight of all that positive energy. I'm not naturally a positive person, I have to work hard to see the stuff in the bottom half of the glass, so when I am driven by too much of the "must do because it will make me better" stuff, I dive off the edge and wallow in badness. And, unfortunately for me, badness means the foods that I crave and love: pizza, nachos, cream pasta sauces, eggs benedict, vodka. So, as I add three different kinds of yoga to my week (which, don't get me wrong, I am loving) and I exhort myself to exfoliate, moisturize, hydrate, get to sleep early, read serious literature instead of that Clive Cussler crap, make lunches for work, pumice my heels before sandal weather, meditate, and try to have at least one good orgasm a week (because we are apparently depriving ourselves of extra years if our sex life sucks), I am feeling the seeds of rebellion forming. So, the question is how do I head this off? The usual exhortation - to think positive thoughts - is clearly counter-productive in this instance. Any ideas? Leave comments if you have some.

Ciao.

No comments: