Sunday, May 3, 2009

Week 17

Up 1.4 (31.4 lbs total)

I hope this yo-yo pattern isn't going to continue for much longer. After swimming and walking the first part of the 10K with my workmates, I began to swell up on Tuesday. My rings were tight, my ankles puffy, my under-eye-bags were baggier. I'm hoping it is a particularly bad case of PMS water retention and that I will drop the water weight next week. But I don't really know. After a hysterectomy in my early 30s I have no external indicator of my menstrual cycle and, though I often mention to myself and others that I must write these things down, I have not tracked these bouts of PMS. All I know is that every now and then I need chocolate, carbohydrates, and rest -- and I slosh when I walk.

This could also be part of the continual adjustment of weight loss. I am entering uncharted areas, so maybe my body needs to hang on to water while it adjusts to the fat loss and then it releases it in steps? Lose nothing, drop 3 to 4 lbs., lose nothing, drop 3 to 4 pounds. I'll start writing more information down in an effort to understand.

No comments: