Sunday, May 24, 2009

Week 20

Down 2.8 (36.6lbs total)

I obviously controlled myself enough on the last few days to drop the water weight plus a bit. So, one whole pound gone in two weeks - I'll take it.

However, I'm still on the compulsory eating thing and I've already eaten this week's extra points in a binge of caramel popcorn, Pink Elephant martinis, strawberries dipped in sour cream and brown sugar (who knew), Lime tortilla chips with fruit salsa and a very large handful or two of jujubes. Our book club just read Water for Elephants and the circus theme took over.

I'm going to have to weather it I guess - no choice really, is there? It will probably happen to me for the rest of my life so I have to learn to deal with it and get through it without abandoning all hope. It seems hard to believe that just a few weeks ago I would have faced all of that food with restraint and a calm feeling. I would have tasted it all but I wouldn't have kept feeding it to myself until it was time to leave.

I've been having hot flashes again lately - I wonder whether hormones are playing a part in the bottomless pit feeling. Or maybe the over-eating is triggering the hormone fluctuations?

No comments: